Update your WHOIS information
A domain’s WHOIS record includes various types of information about each domain that you own. When you perform a WHOIS search, you can discover the following information: when and by whom a specific domain was registered, the domain contact information, and more. If Rackspace is your domain’s registrar, you can manage your domain’s WHOIS information through the control panel, as described in this article.
- Applies to: Administrator
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time needed: Approximately 15 minutes to update WHOIS and to confirm any changes
- Tools required: Access to Control Panel and WHOIS contact email address
For more information about prerequisite terminology, see Cloud Office support terminology.
Note: The information that you provide is visible to anyone who searches the Internet for your domain’s WHOIS record.
- Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
Scroll down to the Domains section and select DNS Settings.
Find the domain for which you want to manage WHOIS information, and click Edit WHOIS.
Make changes as needed and then click Save.
Log in to the mailbox listed as the WHOIS contact email address to receive the email asking you to verify the changes you just made.
To verify your changes, click the link provided in the email or copy the provided URL and paste it into your browser’s search bar.
Warning: If you do not complete the verification process within 15 days of making changes, your domain will be suspended. This will cause disruption to any services tied to your domain.
- When the WHOIS change verification is completed successfully, a confirmation screen displays showing that you have successfully verified your registration contact information.
©2020 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License