Support ticket statuses
To see how to create a Rackspace support ticket, see Getting Fanatical Support - Tickets.
After you create a support ticket, it can have one of the following statuses, depending on the work done on it:
- Feedback Received
- In Progress
- Pending Customer
- Pending Vendor
- Pending Maintenance
The following process explains how a ticket moves through these statuses:
- As soon as a Rackspace Cloud customer opens a ticket, it has a status of New.
- When a ticket has been seen by a member of Rackspace Cloud support team, it has a status of Feedback Received.
- After a ticket is reviewed by the Rackspace Cloud support team, it moves to the In Progress or Solved status.
- If the support team needs more information from the customer to fix the issue, the ticket might move to the Pending Customer status.
- If the ticket is pending an update or release from a vendor, the ticket might move to the Pending Vendor status.
- If the ticket is pending a maintenance window and is not being actively worked, the ticket might move to the Pending Maintenance status.
- If a ticket moves to another member of the support team, it has a status of Transferred.
- After a ticket has a status of Solved, a customer can move the ticket to Closed or reopen it, which changes the status to In Progress.
- If a customer does not explicitly close or reopen a ticket with a Solved status, the ticket automatically goes to the Closed status in seven days.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License