Microsoft Office 365 FAQ
Where do I access my Office 365 account?
You access your account from two different locations:
- You manage your Microsoft® Office 365® services at portal.office.com. From here you can create new users and work with Microsoft Exchange, Skype® for Business, SharePoint®, Yammer®, and the rest of the Office 365 suite.
- You manage your Office 365 Rackspace account at either login.rackspace.com or cp.rackspace.com. Use these portals to handle account administration, open chat support, create support tickets, and pay your bill.
What are the system requirements to run Office 365?
You can find up-to-date system requirements for Office 365 on the Microsoft support website.
Do I need to have an installed email client to use Office 365?
No, you don’t need a stand-alone email client to use Office 365. However, many Office 365 plans have the option of using an Office suite, which would include Outlook. We recommend that you use the most up-to-date version of Outlook to ensure the most complete experience.
To learn about the features that Office 365 supports, see the Outlook help center.
Does Office 365 support IMAP, POP, and SMTP connections?
Yes. You can use IMAP and SMTP connections instead of the default MAPI-based connection that comes with Office 365.
Note: Using an IMAP or SMTP connection reduces functionality outside of your email program.
What ports does Office 365 use for IMAP, POP, and SMTP connections?
Office 365 uses the following ports:
- Incoming server: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Incoming server: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 995
- Outgoing server: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
What information do I need to provide to get started?
You need to provide the following information when you sign up for Office 365:
- Your custom domain.
- Your domain name registrar login and password.
Your domain name server (DNS) hosting provider login and password.
Your DNS records are usually managed by the registrar from which you bought your domain name, but sometimes a different company manages the DNS records. If you don’t know where your domain is registered or where the DNS records for your domain are managed, you can use a WHOIS search to find the information that you need.
A list of people to add to Office 365.
Unless you’re the only person in your company, you will want to add other people to Office 365 so that they can use the service. If you’re working with our onboarding and migrations team, this process is covered during the migration process.
Can I add my domain to Office 365?
Yes. You can find instructions about how to add your domain on the Office 365 support website.
What administrative centers exist for Office 365?
The following administration centers are available for Office 365:
- The Office 365 admin center acts as the administrative hub for your Office 365 account. To access the admin center, sign in to your Office 365 account, go to the App Launcher, and select the Admin tile.
- The Exchange admin center is the central location for making changes to Exchange and mail.
- The SharePoint admin center is the central location for all SharePoint changes and management.
- The Skype for Business admin center is the central location for managing Skype and instant messaging.
How do I contact support?
You can contact our support team 24x7x365 by phone, chat, or support ticket:
- To reach the Office 365 team directly by phone, call 1 877 417 3715.
- To reach the Office 365 team by chat, log in to either cp.rackspace.com or login.rackspace.com and click the Live Chat link at top of the home page.
- To reach the Office 365 team through support tickets, log in to either cp.rackspace.com or login.rackspace.com and select Support > View Tickets. On the ticket page, click New Ticket.
What subscription plans can I purchase from Rackspace for Office 365?
You can find detailed business subscription plans at http://o365.rackspace.com/.
If your company is interested in Enterprise-level plans (E1 or E3), contact our Sales team for more information.
©2019 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License