Migrating to the Rackspace Cloud from Amazon Web Services
This guide is intended for developers who are migrating applications from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to Rackspace Cloud. It maps AWS infrastructure products to Rackspace infrastructure products, specifically Amazon Elastic Computer Cloud (EC2) to Rackspace Cloud Servers. It then provides scenarios for specific stack migrations from EC2 to Cloud Servers. The goal of this guide is to make your migration as seamless as possible.
The guide begins by discussing equivalent products between AWS and Rackspace Cloud, then covers several migration scenarios and the steps involved in changing hosting environments.
The guide’s organization is as follows:
- 1 - Overview (this document)
- 2 - Mapping of Amazon Web Services resources to Rackspace resources
- 3 - High-level steps for migrating from Amazon Web Services
- 4 - Provisioning cloud resources when migrating from Amazon Web Services
- 5 - Post-Migration Considerations When Migrating from Amazon Web Services
If you have any feedback be sure to post in a comment or contact our Support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License