Manually configure Mac Mail for email hosted on Exchange 2007
The following article shows you how to set up your Microsoft Exchange 2007 email account with Mac Mail.
Note: Exchange 2007 runs only on Mac OS X version 10.6 or later. If you’re unsure about which OS X version you’re running, click the Apple icon located in the top-left corner and select About This Mac.
Open Mac Mail and select Mail > Preferences.
In the new window that appears, click the Accounts tab in the top menu bar and then click the plus (+) symbol in the lower left corner.
Select Exchange and then click Continue.
On the next page, enter your full name and your entire Microsoft Exchange email address and password. Then click Continue.
- If your Autodiscover CNAME record is set correctly, Mail automatically pulls the correct server settings for you. In this case, skip to Step 8.
- If the Autodiscover CNAME record is not set correctly, you can set up the account manually by using the settings in the User Control Panel. In this case, continue with Step 5.
Log in to the User Control Panel by going to the following link: https://cp.rackspace.com/usercp.
Find the Mac Mail icon under the Client Setup section and click it to open the settings for your account. You will use these settings in the next step.
Go back to the Exchange configuration page in Mail, enter the following information, and then click Continue:
- Description - Enter a descriptive name for your mail account (for example, Work Mail).
- User Name - Enter your entire email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password - Enter the password associated with the email account you are setting up.
- Server Address - From the Setting Up Mac Mail window (from Step 6), remove https:// and /ews/exchange.asmx.
Confirm the settings and then click Continue.
Choose any other options that you want to enable, and then click Done.
Your Microsoft Exchange 2007 email account is now set up with Mac Mail.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2017 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License