Manage user spam settings for Rackspace Email
This article describes how to manage individual user spam settings and how to save your configuration.
- Log in to the Control Panel.
- Click the Go to section menu and select Domains.
- In the Spam Filtering section, click the Filter Settings.
- If you have multiple domains, select a domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain.
- In the Status section, turn spam filtering on or off. Or, select Exclusive to receive email only from senders on the safelist.
If you turned spam filtering on, indicate how messages should be handled for Rackspace Email:
- Deliver to Spam folder—Spam messages are sent to the user’s Spam folder. If you want to automatically delete messages from this folder, select the Delete after n days or n total email check box and enter a specified number of days or total emails.
- Delete the email immediately—Spam email will be deleted automatically and not delivered to the user’s mailbox. Email will be permanently deleted and will not be retrievable.
- Include “[SPAM]” at the beginning of the subject line—Spam email will be delivered to the user’s Inbox, but will include the text “[SPAM]” in the Subject line.
- Deliver to the email address—Spam messages are sent to an address in your domain that you specify.
If you turned spam filtering on, indicate how messages should be handled for Microsoft Exchange:
- Send spam to the quarantine for this recipient—Each Exchange mailbox has its own Quarantine Manager, located in the User Control Panel. (Users can log into the User Control Panel at https://cp.rackspace.com/usercp, using their Exchange email address and password.) Email that is filtered as spam will be directed to the Quarantine Manager, where the user can then view and delete quarantined emails, or mark them as Not Spam.
Send spam to domain quarantine—Spam will be directed to the domain-level quarantine, rather than to the individual Quarantine Manager for the mailbox.
Note: To log into the domain-level Quarantine Manager, click the Log into the Quarantine Manager link. Email that is filtered as spam will be directed to the domain-level Quarantine Manager, where the administrator can then view and delete quarantined emails, or mark them as Not Spam.
- Send quarantine notifications to—If you choose to send spam to the user’s quarantine, they will receive quarantine updates by default. To receive email updates at an additional address, enter an email address in the Send quarantine notifications to box.
- Click the Save button.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License