FAQ for Seamless sign-on between MyRackspace and the Cloud Control Panel
Get quick answers to common questions about Seamless sign-on (SSO) between the MyRackspace Customer Portal and the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.
What is seamless sign-on (SSO)?
Rackspace allows dedicated customers to manage your public cloud environment without having to sign on multiple times. After you log in to the MyRackspace Customer Portal, you can seamlessly move between your dedicated account and its corresponding linked cloud accounts.
How do I use SSO?
SSO is integrated into our products as much as possible. When you navigate Cloud accounts in the MyRackspace portal, hyperlinks for products such as Cloud Servers, Cloud Networks, and Cloud DNS take you to the Cloud Control Panel where you are logged in automatically.
How do I disable SSO?
You may remove user permissions from any linked Cloud account for which you do not want someone to have SSO access. Manage your user permissions the MyRackspace portal by navigating to Account > Permissions > Assign by Product.
What permissions do I have when using SSO?
Permissions are based on the access set for the individual Cloud account you are trying to access.
How do MyRackspace permissions map to Cloud Control Panel permissions?
Cloud Control Panel
How are user permissions set or changed for SSO?
User permissions for SSO are directly mapped based on the user’s Cloud account permission settings.You can view permissions by user or by product.
View permissions by user:
View permissions by product:
Can I link back to MyRackspace from the Cloud Control Panel?
Yes. Click the Back to MyRackspace link in the upper-left corner of the Cloud Control Panel.
Can I log in to the Cloud Control Panel and seamlessly link to and be logged in to MyRackspace?
No, not at this time.
Can I manage all my tickets, billing, and users in one place now?
No, not at this time. Tickets, billing, and users are currently managed separately in the respective interfaces.
How do I add or modify metadata?
With the introduction of this new functionality, one of the features that will no longer be available is the ability to edit Cloud Server metadata via a user interface (like MyRackspace). In lieu of this functionality, there are 3 options:
- Use the Nova Client to issue these commands. The Nova Client can be installed quickly and allows you to provision and delete servers, work with metadata, and more. See the Python Nova Client command reference for more information.
- Use the Cloud Servers API to specify your server’s metadata. The Cloud Servers Developer Guide provides instructions on how to do this.
- Enlist your Rackspace Support team by phone or ticket to make these changes on your behalf.
What are the limitations of SSO?
- Tickets are not consolidated to one location. Cloud and Dedicated support tickets are still handled in their respective interfaces.
- User management is not consolidated to one location. Cloud and MyRackspace users are still managed separately.
- The following items are not available when you are logged in to the
Cloud Control Panel via SSO from MyRackspace:
- Billing and Payments
- Usage Overview
- Account Settings
- User Management
- Service level upgrades
To access these features, log out and then log in directly to the Cloud Control Panel with your cloud credentials.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2017 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License