Change a Rackspace Email mailbox password
This article describes how to change the password that is used to access a Rackspace Email mailbox. Users can change their own password through Webmail, and administrators can change the password for a user through the Cloud Office Control Panel.
- Applies to: User or administrator
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time needed: Approximately 5 minutes
- Tools required: Users need their current password; administrators need Cloud Office Control Panel access
For more information about prerequisite terminology, see Cloud Office support terminology.
Change your password through webmail
If you prefer a video tutorial, please see Rackspace Email - Password Resets: Webmail .
Log in to your mailbox at apps.rackspace.com.
Note: Your password might already be entered when you log in to apps.rackspace.com. However, you must be able to manually enter the password in the following steps. If you do not know the password see Rackspace Email password recovery FAQ before proceeding.
Click your username in the upper-right corner and then select Settings.
In the left pane of the Settings dialog box, click Change Password.
Enter the following information:
- Current Password: Enter the password that you just used to log in to the mailbox.
- New Password: Enter the new password for the mailbox.
- Confirm Password: Enter the new password again.
Note: Review Password Management and Best Practices for guidance on password creation.
Note: You must update your password on any device that you use to check mail for this mailbox.
Change a password through Cloud Office Control Panel
If you prefer a video tutorial, please see Rackspace Email - Password Resets: Admin Control Panel .
Review Password Management and Best Practices before setting passwords for your users.
- Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
- In the Rackspace Email section, click Mailboxes.
In the mailbox list, click the mailbox name for which you want to change the password.
Beneath the email address, click RESET PASSWORD.
- A box will appear prompting you to enter the New Password and enter the new password again in the Confirm Password field.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2017 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License