Build a new Cloud Server with automatic updates enabled
Keeping your servers up to date with security fixes helps you to avoid server compromises. While package updates can’t prevent all security breaches, applying updates to your servers should be a key component of your security procedures.
To ensure that crucial updates are installed and current, use the following steps to build a Cloud Server with automatic updates enabled:
- Log in to the Cloud Control Panel.
- In the top navigation bar, click Select a Product > Rackspace Cloud.
- Select Servers > Cloud Servers.
- Click Create Server.
- Enter a name for the server in the Server Name field and select the Region where you want to host the server.
- In the Image section, select an Image Type, Operating System, and Version.
- In the Flavor section, select a Flavor.
- If you want to add a Secure Shell (SSH) key, click Advanced Options, then select an existing key from the drop-down menu or click Manage SSH Key to add a new one.
When you’re finished making selections, click Create Server.
The message Successfully created server appears, indicating that the server creation process has started. Security updates are automatically applied to the new server.
©2019 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License