Add an alias with Rackspace Email
This article shows how to create an alias that can be used like a mailbox that will forward to another mailbox or to multiple mailboxes on a domain.
Add a single alias
- Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
- In the Rackspace Email section, click Aliases.
- On the Aliases page, click Add Alias. Note: If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. To change domains select the change domain link.
- In the Create New Alias box, enter a name for this alias.
- From the Members inside this Domain box, select one or more mailboxes and click Add. They will be added to the Members of this Alias box.
- (Optional) Add up to four external addresses for domains like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail.
- Click Save.
Add multiple aliases
- In the Rackspace Email section of the Cloud Office Control Panel, click Aliases.
- On the Aliases page, click Add Multiple Aliases.
- Create a CSV or Excel file that contains the information detailed in the Data Format section of the Import Aliases page. You can download a template by clicking the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click Choose file, locate and select the CSV or Excel file that you created, and click Open.
- On the Import Aliases page, click Import. Any errors that occur are detailed in the import summary, which is displayed after the import is complete.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License