Add an alias with Rackspace Email
This article shows how to create an alias that will forward to another mailbox or to multiple mailboxes on a domain.
- Applies to: Administrator
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time needed: 5 minutes
- Tools required: Cloud Office control panel access
For more information on prerequisite terminology, see Cloud Office support terminology.
Aliases are a way to create an alternate email address name for an existing email address. For example, John likes to go by Johnny and would like to receive emails to both John@domain.com(actuall email address), for business partners, and Johnny@domain.com(alias email address), for friends and family, without checking two different accounts. In this case, anything sent to email@example.com will be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add a single alias
- Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
In the Rackspace Email section, click Aliases.
On the Aliases page, click Add Alias.
Note: If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. To change domains select the change domain link.
- In the Create New Alias box, enter a name for this alias.
From the Members inside this Domain box, select one or more mailboxes and click Add. They will be added to the Members of this Alias box.
Note: The address that you want mail to be delivered to must move to the right side under Members of this Alias to receive mail sent to the alias address.
- (Optional) Add up to four external addresses for domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com, or hotmail.com.
- Click Save.
Add multiple aliases
In the Rackspace Email section of the Cloud Office Control Panel, click Aliases.
- On the Aliases page, click Add Multiple Aliases.
Create a CSV or Excel file that contains the information detailed in the Data Format section of the Import Aliases page. You can download a template by clicking the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click Choose file, locate and select the CSV or Excel file that you created, and click Open.
- On the Import Aliases page, click Import. Any errors that occur are detailed in the import summary, which is displayed after the import is complete. receiving
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2018 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License