Add an alias with Rackspace Email
This article shows how to create an alias that forwards emails to another mailbox or to multiple mailboxes on a domain.
- Applies to: Administrator
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time needed: 5 minutes
- Tools required: Cloud Office Control Panel access
For more information on prerequisite terminology, see Cloud Office support terminology.
Aliases are a way to create an alternate email address name for an existing email address. For example, John likes to go by Johnny and would like to receive emails to both John@domain.com (actual email address), for business partners, and Johnny@domain.com (alias email address), for friends and family, without checking two different accounts. In this case, he needs anything sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be delivered to email@example.com.
Add a single alias
- Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
In the Rackspace Email section, click Aliases.
On the Aliases page, click Add Alias.
Note: If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. To change domains, select the change domain link.
- In the Create New Alias box, enter a name for this alias.
From the Members inside this Domain box, select one or more mailboxes and click Add. They are added to the Members of this Alias box.
Note: The address that you want the mail to be delivered to must move to the right side under Members of this Alias to receive mail sent to the alias address.
- (Optional) Add up to four external addresses for domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com, or hotmail.com.
- Click Save.
Add multiple aliases
In the Rackspace Email section of the Cloud Office Control Panel, click Aliases.
- On the Aliases page, click Add Multiple Aliases.
Create a CSV or Excel file that contains the information detailed in the Data Format section of the Import Aliases page. You can download a template by clicking the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click Choose file, select the CSV or Excel file that you created, and click Open.
- On the Import Aliases page, click Import.
Any errors that occur are detailed in the Import Summary, which is displayed after the import is complete.
©2020 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License