ZipIt Backup Utility for Cloud Sites - IIS
The ASPX Zipit Backup Utility is a tool that enables users to compress and back up data on Cloud Sites, including files and MSSQL databases. All backups are stored on your Rackspace Cloud Files account. The backups are done on a site-by-site basis and are initiated manually.
The ASPX Zipit Backup Utility is run from your account and does not externally store any of your personal information such as your database credentials or Cloud Files API key.
If you are looking for the Linux/PHP version of Zipit click here: Zipit Backup Utility for Cloud Sites - Linux
How it works
- Runs on a per-site basis. The ASPX Zipit Backup Utility must be installed for each site you want to back up.
- The ASPX Zipit Backup Utility backs up all Cloud Sites files and databases to your Cloud Files account.
- Lists all available backups. Available backups can be managed via the Cloud Control Panel.
Install Zipit Backup Utility
- Download this file and save it to your local machine as ASPXZipIt-Installer.aspx.
- Upload the ASPXZipIt-Installer.aspx file to the content folder of the site you want to backup.
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://yourdomain.com/ASPXZipIt-Installer.aspx** to access the web interface.
Note: Replace the italicized text with your actual domain name.*
- Please make sure impersonation is enabled. Please see our Add impersonation article for more information on enabling this.
- Choose your .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
- Enter your preferred username/password for the ASPX Zipit Backup Utility.
- Enter your Cloud Files username and API Key.
- Click Install to begin.
- Once install is complete you may login.
- To backup MSSQL a temp directory named aspxzipit_sql_bak is created in your content directory. This directory must manually be set to 766 permissions in order to run due to Rackspace Cloud Sites security.
Note: ASPX Zipit will only run on a site that is configured as IIS/ASPX*
Linux sites can use the original Zipit Backup Utilty here.
GitHub Access can be found:
By installing ASPX Zipit Backup Utility you agree that this feature is an Unsupported Service (as defined herein) and you also agree to the terms of the GPL License! See: GPL v3.
If you use the tool described in this article, you agree that the tool is an “Unsupported Service”. Rackspace makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding any Unsupported Service, and you agree that Rackspace will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from the provision of the Unsupported Service. The Service Level Guaranties will not apply to the Unsupported Service, or any other aspect of your services that are adversely affected by the Unsupported Service. You acknowledge that Unsupported Services may not interoperate with Rackspace’s other services or other third party services you use.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License