Transfer your registered domain from Click and Name to another registrar
Because domain transfer processes can vary, the process outlined in this document is meant to serve as a general guideline. It applies only to customers who have either registered or transferred their domains through the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
Terms and definitions
- Losing registrar: The registrar from which the domain is being transferred. In this case, Click and Name (Cloud Sites Registrar) is the losing registrar.
- Winning registrar: The registrar that is requesting the domain transfer (for example, Name.com, Network Solutions, or GoDaddy).
Initiate a transfer request
Sign up with the domain registrar of your choice (for example, Name.com, Network Solutions, or GoDaddy) and initiate a domain transfer request, following the registrar’s instructions.
Obtain an authorization code from Click and Name
To transfer the domain, the winning registrar will likely require you to provide them with the domain authorization code (also called the EPP code). To obtain the code, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- In the left navigation pane, click Hosting > Cloud Sites.
- Click the domain for which you want to obtain the authorization code.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Under Domain Registration, click Retrieve Domain Authcode.
Note: If the domain is either an alias or has been removed from the control panel, contact Rackspace Support. Support can send an automated email with the authorization code, if the email address in the WHOIS record is valid.
Provide the authorization code to the winning registrar
After you obtain the authorization code, you provide it to the winning registrar. Depending on the registrar, you might receive an email with instructions, or you might be able to enter the code into their portal.
After you complete these steps, the process should be automated; no further action should be required of you. Although Support cannot process the domain transfer for you, contact us for any questions you have about the process.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License