Supported SSL certificates on Cloud Sites
The following SSL certificates are supported on Cloud Sites:
- Apache + OpenSSL (PEM format).
- Single Root Level certificates.Chained Root SSL certificates.
- Extended Validation (EV) Certificates. See the following section for installation information.
- Subject Alternative Name certificates to be used with a primary domain and their aliases. The common name must matches the primary FQDN, and each alias must be listed as a Subject Alternative.
- Multi-domain (UCC) and wildcard certificates. We do not directly support the intermediate chains required for them, because they need to be provided by the issuer. See the following section for installation information.
Note: Cloud Sites does not support self-signed SSL certificates.
Installing EV, multi-domain or wildcard certificates
When you install EV, multi-domain or wildcard certificates, the certificate must be installed to the name contained in the certificate’s Common Name field. If you are unsure what the name is, visit https://www.sslshopper.com/certificate-decoder.html and enter the certificate.
After installation you must point the DNS records of any domains in the Subject Alternative Names field to the IP address provided for the main site.
If you encounter any errors during installation, contact a member of our Support team to help complete the installation.
For instruction on how to install an SSL certificate for your website on Cloud Sites, see Getting started with Cloud Sites: Configuring SSL on your websites.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License