Renew a Cloud Sites domain name
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking Rackspace Cloud in the upper-left corner and selecting Cloud Sites. You can also navigate directly to https://manage.rackspacecloud.com/.
To renew the domain name for your Cloud Sites domain that you purchased from Rackspace, use the following steps:
- Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- In the left navigation pane, click Hosting > Cloud Sites.
- Click on the domain name that you want to renew.
- On the DNS tab, click on the Renew button. If the Renew button is not visible, see the note that follows these steps.
- Select the term (in years) that you want to renew for, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to confirm the charges and complete the renewal.
If the Renew button is not visible for a Cloud Site domain that you know you purchased from Rackspace (Click and Name is shown as the registrar when you perform a WHOIS lookup), you can log in to http://manage.opensrs.net with your original password and update the password in this control panel to reflect your current password. Updating the password should re-establish the renew functionality.
Note that if you changed your main account password or client’s account password since you created either account, the preceding step might not work.
Clients do not have the ability to renew their domain name from the control panel if the domain name has already expired. Instead, they must contact Support.
If you require clarification on this process, contact Support through phone, chat, or ticket.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License