Register a parked domain with Cloud Sites
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking Rackspace Cloud in the upper-left corner and selecting Cloud Sites. You can also navigate directly to https://manage.rackspacecloud.com/.
If you want to purchase a domain but are not ready to use it for a website, you can “park” the domain. A parked domain is a domain that is registered but doesn’t point to a website. You always have the option to point the domain to a website at a later date.
To register a parked domain with Cloud Sites
- Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- In the left navigation pane, click Hosting > Cloud Sites.
- Click Add A Site.
- In the Add a New Website dialog box, select the site owner and enter the domain name, and then click Add New Site.
- Select the term length for the purchase of the domain.
- Under Other Options, select Domain Registration Only (park domain) and click Next.
You should receive confirmation that Cloud Sites has added your website to your account.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License