Rackspace Webmail overview
Rackspace Email allows users to check and manage their email online through a Webmail interface. Webmail provides a full functional calendar with the ability to manage contacts as well as syncing them to your mobile device. Webmail also allows users to reset passwords, create filters, add signatures and much much more.
Log in to Webmail
To log in into Webmail, go to https://apps.rackspace.com/.
When you log in, Rackspace allows several options:
- Remember this info—Allow Rackspace to interact with your browser to remember your login information
- Use SSL—SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer, which means when you log in, your data is encrypted
Rackspace Email allows users the ability to manage their contacts through our Webmail interface. Users have the ability add new contacts, import and export old contacts using a .csv file, export to various email clients, create groups, and sort through contacts alphabetically. Rackspace also allows you to sync your contacts with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync.
Rackspace Email allows users the ability to manage their appointments and meetings through our Webmail interface. Users have the ability to share their calendar, create personal calendars, import events and add shared calendars within your domain. Rackspace also allows you to sync your calender events with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync.
Rackspace Email allows users the ability to manage their tasks through our Webmail interface. Users have the ability to create new tasks, manage their tasks and create task list.
Rackspace Email allows users the ability to create notes for new ideas, meeting summaries or just some quick thoughts. Rackspace also allows you to sync your Notes with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync.
Rackspace Email provides various options for users to manage their email account. While in the Webmail interface, click the menu beside your email address in the top-right corner and select Settings to see a list of features and options available for users.
General Settings: Email options
- Display Preferences provides several options for users to display HTML emails, enable shortcuts, changing your viewing pane and change the number of messages displayed in your reading pane.
- New Messages provides the option to play an alert for new the arrival of new messages and the option to choose how often to check for new messages.
- Trash Options provides the option to move deleted email to the trash or immediately purge upon deletion.
General Settings: Calendar
- Invitations provides the option to delete invitations after responding.
General Settings: Language & Date/Time
- Language provides the option to choose between 11 different languages.
- Date and Time provides the options to set your date, time, and current time zone.
Composing Email: Composing
- Composing provides various options to choose from, such as auto-completing email addresses when composing a new email, default fonts for HTML formats, default size for HTML formats, and so on.
- Replying & Forwarding Citations provides the ability to select whether you want the original composed message to be included in your reply and to set a user defined start text and end text of your choice.
Composing Email: Identities
- Add New Identity provides the ability to create a new identities, which enables you to quickly change the name, email address, and reply address on your outgoing email.
Composing Email: Signatures
- Add New Signature provides the ability to add a new signature and assign it to your outgoing email and also to specific identities. To learn more, see Add a Rackspace Email signature.
- Auto-Reply enables you to activate your auto-reply feature for times when you are out of the office.
- Forwarding enables you to forward any mail to any email address with the option to save a copy in your inbox.
- Filtering provides the ability to create filters for specific incoming email and to route them to a specified folder.
Spam Settings: Preferences
- Spam Filtering provides the ability to turn your spam filtering on and off, or have it be exclusive.
- Spam Handling enables you to specify how you would like your spam email to be handled.
Spam Settings: Safelist and Blacklist
- Safelist enables you to specify what email should be by passed through filters through the sent user’s IP address, email address, or domain.
- Blacklist enables you to specify what email should be blocked through the sent user’s IP address, email address, or domain.
Because of limited use, after February 4, 2016, external accounts checking will no longer work.
Provides you the ability to change your password. You will be redirected away from Webmail when you select to change your password.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License