RackConnect release notes
Following is a summary of features, updates, and changes for RackConnect. Keep this page bookmarked for updates made periodically to RackConnect.
July 15, 2014
- Added support for OnMetal servers
- RackConnect user passwords are now periodically changed
March 25, 2014
- Added support for metadata value updates to move servers between load balancer pools
October 7, 2013
- Added support for HKG region
August 20, 2013
- Added support for F5 version 11
July 30, 2013
- Added support for IAD region
April 9, 2013
- Added support for ASA software versions later than 8.3
- Added support for ASA X series firewalls
January 15, 2013
- Added support for Cloud Networks
- Automated quality control for each new RackConnect customer configuration. RackConnect will automatically create two cloud servers (via a test account which the customer will not be billed for) and perform several quality assurance checks before removing the servers and marking the configuration complete.
- The AutoNAT feature is now available
November 19, 2012
- Added support for Windows Server 2012
November 13, 2012
- Changed the order of operations for cloud server builds for customers at the Managed Operations service level so that the server builds, RackConnect automation runs, and then managed cloud automation runs. Managed cloud customers who run their own post-build automation should trigger their automation to start based on the completion of the managed cloud automation rather than RackConnect.
October 9, 2012
- Network device configuration save and sync performance improvements
October 3, 2012
Customers will be notified when a cloud server is unprocessable due to being built in a region that does not match the region in which their dedicated environment is deployed.
You can now use the Cloud Servers API to query the RackConnect Automation Status of your Cloud Servers.
August 13, 2012
- Made performance improvements for F5 packet filter changes
August 1, 2012
- Added support for next generation Cloud Servers
July 02, 2012
- Added customer API call to retrieve automation status
- Added customer API call to retrieve automation status details
- Added customer API call to retrieve gateway IP
May 08, 2012
Added network policies, which allow communication between Cloud accounts belonging to the same RackConnect configuration
Improved overall automation performance
Known Issue: Pre-9/6 Windows Managed Operations Cloud Server Snapshots Failing RackConnect
Description: Windows Managed Operations Cloud Server Snapshots fail RackConnect automation
Cause: The agent is not able to correctly set the private IP when IPv6 is disabled, leading to an instance that does not have proper connectivity and thus fails RackConnect automation.
Affects: Snapshots created from next generation Managed Operations Windows Servers where the Cloud Server from which the image is based was spun up before 9/6/12
Workaround: Re-enable IPv6 on the base image before creating snapshots. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852 for instructions.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License