New user workflow
Occasionally, account managers need to invite new users to access an account. This article covers this workflow from both the account manager’s perspective and the new user’s perspective.
If you’re an account manager, see the Account manager section. If you’re a new user and you’ve received a invitation to register, see the New user section.
If you’re an account manager and owner, use the following steps to create a new user for your account:
- In the upper-right corner of the Control Panel, click Account > User Management.
- Click Create User in the Users tab of the Users & Permissions screen.
- Fill out the form and click Create User. For information about access controls for new users, see Learn about Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
The system automatically sends an email invitation to the user. This invitation expires in 48 hours.
Note: A Pending invitation acceptance banner displays on the User Details screen until they accept the emailed invitation and register.
If you’re a new user and you’ve received an email invitation to join an account, use the following steps to register within 48 hours:
- Click the Register User link in the invitation email.
- On the Register Your Account screen, fill in your new account details, including a username and password, and click Submit.
- After you are redirected to the Log In screen (login.rackspace.com), log in with your ID and password.
If you receive a Link already used error message when you click Register User in your invitation email or if your link has expired, contact the account manager for a new invitation.
©2019 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License