Manually configure Android devices for email hosted on Exchange 2013
This article describes how to manually configure Microsoft Exchange 2013 on most Android devices.
Note: To get specific user and server information, and specific device instructions, use the Email Help Tool.
Before you begin
Your administrator must add an ActiveSync license and assign it to your email address.
Configure your device
On your device, tap on the system Settings icon.
Tap Accounts & sync (Accounts on some devices).
Tap Exchange ActiveSync (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync on some devices).
Enter your email address and password, and then tap Manual setup.
On the next page, enter the rest of the necessary information, and then tap Next.
- Email address: Your email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Server address: mex06.emailsrvr.com or mex08.emailsrvr.com.
Note: Use the Email Help Tool to get the correct server address for you device.
- Domain: Leave this field blank.
- Username: Your email address again.
- Some devices might combine the domain and username the settings as domain\username. On those devices, precede your email address with a backslash (for example, \email@example.com).
- Password: Password for you email address.
- Select This server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
If you are prompted to enable remote security administration, tap OK or Allow.
This setting enables you to remotely perform a factory reset (delete all data) on the device from the Outlook Web App (OWA) if the device is lost or stolen.
Select the services that you want to synchronize with the Exchange server, and specify how often you want to synchronize. Then, tap Next.
Enter a descriptive name for your account, and then tap Finish setup.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2018 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License