Items migrated during an Cloud Office migration
When migrating email to Rackspace Cloud Office, we use a tool called MigrationWiz. Depending on which email platform you choose to migrate to, the items that are migrated by MigrationWiz might differ.
Items that are migrated
The following table shows which items are automatically migrated by the tool.
Items that are not migrated
Because of system limitations, the following items will not be automatically migrated in the migration process. To migrate these items, they must be manually created or brought over via an email client.
- Items that do not match folder types (for example, calendar responses within a mail folder)
- Custom items that do not inherit from the core system types (for example, items that are not true emails, calendars, contacts, journals, mail, notes, or tasks)
- Personal distribution lists
- Bounce notifications such as Non-Delivery Report/Receipt (NDR) or Delivery Status Notification (DSN)
- Calendar notifications such as invites, cancellations, and so on
- Public folders
- RSS feeds
- Mailbox settings, permission settings, sharing settings, client settings (for example, default font)
- Mailbox rules
- From Exchange 2003: BCC recipients (also resource attendees for appointments)
- Acceptance status for meeting participants (for example, accepted, declined, tentative)
MigrationWiz is a content migration solution and is unable to perform any of the following:
- Creation of Outlook profiles
- Migration of client-side settings
- Provisioning of accounts
- ActiveDirectory related object creations or synchronization
- NK2 files migration
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License