Install and use mojoPortal
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking Rackspace Cloud in the upper-left corner and selecting Cloud Sites. You can also navigate directly to https://manage.rackspacecloud.com/.
- Administrative access to the Rackspace Cloud to create domains and add databases
- Latest mojoPortal release version uncompressed in a local repository
- Ftp access to website, and a ftp client like ExpanDrive
- Review the mojoPortal Installation reference http://www.mojoportal.com/installation-quick-start.aspx
- Login to the Cloud Sites Control Panel
- If you are new to Rackspace Cloud, please refer to Adding a new website
- Navigate the Hosting > Cloud Sites menu to the website hyperlink on which mojoPortal is to be installed.
Note: The domain must have .Net and Asp technology Feature enabled, and database Feature selected. The database feature can be added by using the CHANGE PLAN hyperlink on the domain General Settings tab.
- Upload the uncompressed files from the local repository to the desired location on the website using FTP - Refer to Upload content to a website using FTP. (We will assume you are using the primary ftp user name for the account.)
- Next create a new MSSQL database (Refer to Add a MSSQL database to a website or domain).
- Note the database information a) database name b) user name c) password d) hostname (not localhost) for use during the mojoPortal installation
- With this, Cloud Sites specific steps are complete. We can get started with the installation of mojoPortal.
Note: Only applications that run under Medium Trust can function on the Rackspace Cloud. This is for security reasons in a hosting environment.
- Copy the file Web.mediumtrust.config to file Web.config in the /web/content/ directory
- Modify the Web.config file to add the Impersonate directive. Refer to Add impersonation to your ASP.NET site.
Copy the file user.config.sample to user.config in the /web/content/ directory. Modify the connection string with MSSQL database information noted during the preparation phase. Example below.
<add key="MSSQLConnectionString" value="server=mssql0804.wc1\inst2;UID=3xxxx_mojo;PWD=XXXX;database=3xxxx_mojo" />
- Verify that logging is turned on if needed. Refer to Enable logging for a website
- mojoPortal is fully functional and can be accessed with the
domain URL. e.g. visit: http://asp.example.com
- If DNS is not setup for the domain, visit the Testing URL provided in the Classic Cloud Control Panel under the General Settings tab, e.g. http://asp.example.com.asp1-7.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License