Get Started on a Windows Cloud Server
This article walks through how to get started on a Windows Cloud Server in the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- Administrative access to the Cloud Sites Control Panel
Create a Windows cloud server
- Login to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- Navigate to Hosting > Cloud Servers.
- Click Add Server.
- Click the Windows tab in order to see the options.
Press the Select button for the appropriate Windows Operating system from the list shown.
Alternately select an image from User Backups. Refer creating servers from backups.
Provide a name of the server which serves as a label for the Cloud server.
Note: Avoid using special characters.
- Select the memory and drive size configuration from available options such as:
- 256 MB,10 GB
- 512 MB,20 GB
- 1024 MB,40 GB
- 2048 MB,80 GB
- 4096 MB,160 GB
- Click Create Server to start the build.
You can see the server build process in the Cloud Sites Control Panel. Upon completion an email is sent to the contact email address for the account with the Administrator password for the new Cloud Server.
A comprehensive set of articles about Cloud Servers can be found under All articles on the Cloud Servers product page in Rackspace How-To.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License