Get Started on a Windows Cloud Server
This article walks through how to get started on a Windows Cloud Server in the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- Administrative access to the Cloud Sites Control Panel
- Login to the Cloud Sites Control Panel
- Navigate to Hosting > Cloud Servers
- Click on Add Server button
- Click on the Windows tab in order to see the options as shown below.
- Press on the Select button for the appropriate Windows Operating system from the list shown
- Alternately select an image from User Backups. Refer creating servers from backups
- Provide a name of the server which serves as a label for the Cloud server (no special characters, please!)
- Select the memory and drive size configuration from available
options such as
- 256 MB,10 GB
- 512 MB,20 GB
- 1024 MB,40 GB
- 2048 MB,80 GB
- 4096 MB,160 GB
- Click on Create Server button to start the build
- Watch the server build process in the Cloud Sites Control Panel if interested. Upon completion an email is sent to the contact email address for the account with the Administrator password for the new Cloud Server.
A comprehensive set of articles about Cloud Servers can be found under All articles on the Cloud Servers product page in Rackspace How-To.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License