Features introduced in RackConnect v2.0
Previous section: Introducing RackConnect v2.0
Applies to: RackConnect v2.0
The 2.0 version of RackConnect added the following automation and security features:
Support for next generation Rackspace Cloud Servers, powered by OpenStack®
RackConnect API, which gives you a way to programmatically access certain read-only information about your cloud servers and their RackConnect configuration from within your cloud servers
Improved RackConnect automation responsiveness to cloud server events, which means that RackConnect picks up changes in your Cloud environment much faster
- A RackConnect Management Interface in the MyRackspace® Portal,
where you can perform the following tasks:
- Set RackConnect network policies.
- Manage cloud servers.
- View configuration details.
- View automation tasks and event logs.
- Network security policies:
- Set once, applied automatically.
- Manage dedicated firewall, load balancer, and cloud server software firewalls.
- Managed software firewalls for Cloud Servers:
- Iptables for Linux
- Advanced firewall for Windows
- Automation features:
- (Optional) Provision public IP addresses: Cloud servers are automatically provisioned with a public IP address from your Dedicated network’s public IP block.
- (Optional) Configure network stack: Cloud servers are automatically configured with network connectivity to your Dedicated environment.
- (Optional) Manage software firewall: Cloud servers can be automatically load balanced based on server name matching or metadata.
Important: RackConnect adds a service-level user account called rackconnect to each cloud server in a RackConnect solution. This account enables RackConnect to automate network connectivity and software firewalls on cloud servers as part of the RackConnect solution. This account is for use only by the automated system, not by actual Rackers (support techs). It should not be deleted under any circumstances.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License