Email migration services
We offer a number of email migration services to our customers at no charge. Our team of email migration experts are here to help you in case you have any questions or concerns.
- Applies to: Administrator
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time needed: Dependent on migration type
- Tools required: Cloud Office Control Panel access
For more information about prerequisite terminology, see Cloud Office support terminology.
External migration services
If you are a new customer and require email data to be migrated from another provider, we can help. We provide two migration support options to make your transition as easy as possible: self-service migration, and assisted migration.
Run your migration at any time of the day or night with MigrationWiz, which you can access in the Cloud Office Control Panel. For instructions on how to use MigrationWiz, see Migrate your email by using the self-service migration tool.
The benefits of using the self-migration tool:
- Migrate from any provider to Hosted Exchange, Rackspace Email, or Rackspace Office 365
- Includes a no-cost migration
- Migrates contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes data when moving from Exchange to Exchange
- Provides real-time email notifications through the migration process
- Direct access to view your migration status
- Can be accessed from any Internet browser
- 24x7 Fanatical Support® provided by a team of email experts
Note: Current customers seeking to upgrade to Office 365 should review Rackspace Email and Microsoft Exchange upgrade to Office 365 FAQ for questions and instructions on the process.
Assisted migrations are ideal for companies that need help consulting, planning, and scheduling a migration project. Our assisted migration service will provide you with peace of mind knowing that your migration is being coordinated by the best team of email migration experts.
The benefits of choosing an assisted migration are as follows:
- A migration specialist dedicated to your project
- A custom migration plan based on consultation with your specialist
- A scheduled time slot with your specialist to perform your migration
- Timely updates from your specialist throughout the process
- Documentation and recommendations on managing the migration for your end-users
Assisted Migrations are a partnership between your company and our team of experts. Throughout the process we will require some action and information from you.
Migrations vary based on the type of mailboxes we are migrating to and from. See the following chart for a list of what will migrate using our services:
|Current Service||Rackspace service||Mail inbox||Mail subfolders||Contacts||Calendar||Tasks||Notes|
|Microsoft Exchange or Office 365||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Rackspace archive services
|Rackspace archive services||Rackspace archive imports||Rackspace archive exports|
|Cost||$6 per GB via FTP||- $6 per GB EML format
- $9 per GB PST format
Internal migration services
The Rackspace internal migration services can help you rename email accounts, change domain names, switch to a new email platform, and more. Submit a request via a ticket and we’ll take care of the rest.
|Service||Cost||Notes||How to request migration|
|Upgrade from Exchange 2007, 2010, or 2013 to Exchange 2016||No charge||This type of migration requires all users on the domain to migrate.||See Upgrading to Exchange 2016 for self-scheduled Exchange upgrade instructions.|
|Platform changes||No charge||- Convert from Rackspace Email to Microsoft Exchange and keep the same address.
- Convert from Exchange to Rackspace Email and keep the same address.
|Submit a support ticket to request either platform change.|
|Domain rename||No charge||$50 if Rackspace archiving is enabled for the domain.||Submit a support ticket requesting this service.|
|Hosted Exchange Mailbox rename||No charge||Rackspace Email mailboxes can be renamed inside your mail control panel.||Submit a support ticket requesting this service.|
|Mailbox data migrations||No charge||Migrate data from OneUser@domain.com to DifferentUser@domain.com.||Submit a support ticket requesting this service.|
Note: Charges for internal migration services are applied to the next month’s statement.
Self-service Exchange Upgrade Tool
Customers can schedule and run their own Hosted Exchange upgrades at rackspacemigrations.com. For more information, see Upgrading to Exchange 2016.
©2018 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License