Creating a Simple ASP.NET site for the main Cloud Sites account
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking Rackspace Cloud in the upper-left corner and selecting Cloud Sites. You can also navigate directly to https://manage.rackspacecloud.com/.
- Administrative access to the website
To create the ASP.NET web page
Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
If you are new to the Rackspace Cloud an have not yet create a website, see How to add a new website.
Note: The domain must have .Net and Asp technology Feature enabled. If necessary, this can be verified and changed in the Features tab of the domain as shown below.
- Navigate to Hosting > Cloud Sites.
- In the list of all the websites owned by the account, click the website that you want to update.
Create the following two files:
First_asp_page.asp - This is a simple ASP page:
<html> <head> <title>My First ASP Page</title> </head> <body bgcolor="white" text="black"> <% 'Dimension variables Dim strMessage strMessage = "Hello World" Response.Write (strMessage) Response.Write (" ") Response.Write ("The time on the server is: " & Time()) %> </body> </html>
web.config This is the configuration file. Enter your username and password to allow impersonation. For more information, see ASP.NET Impersonation on MSDN.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <system.web> <identity impersonate="true" userName="dfw\YOURNAME" password="YOURPASSWORD" /> </system.web> </configuration>
- Verify that logging is turned on. For instructions, see Enable raw logging for a Cloud Sites website.
- Upload the two files created to the main directory of the website using FTP: For instructions, see Uploading your content.
- Navigate to the First_asp_page.asp file by using the Testing URL if necessary. For instructions, see Use a staging URL.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License