Create a database user with read-only access for SQL Server databases
This article explains how to log in to MyLittleAdmin and use that tool to create additional database users that have limited access. You can specify a read-only user this way. You must create an additional user beforehand within the control panel of that database.
- Log in to MyLittleAdmin by using the credentials for the database. For more information about logging in and the credentials that you need, see Rackspace Cloud Essentials - MyLittleAdmin Database Management Interface.
- In the Databases section of the left navigation pane, expand User Databases.
- Expand your database name.
- Expand Security > Roles > Database Roles.
- Click db_datareader.
- Select the corresponding user from the Owner menu.
- Click Update.
Alternately, you can limit a user’s access by selecting the type of roles that this user can perform. You can also provide this user in a connection string for better security.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2016 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License