Combine invoices for Rackspace Managed and Cloud accounts
Instead of paying separate bills for multiple Rackspace accounts, you can combine your bills into a single invoice and pay only once. This article describes how to combine invoices, how your billing due date is affected, and how to separate a combined invoice.
Note: Currently, you can combine bills from only Rackspace Managed and Rackspace Cloud accounts. You cannot combine accounts that are billed in different currencies, are already combined with another invoice, are contracted with different contracting entities, or have an outstanding balance on a child account.
- For Cloud accounts, log in to the Cloud Control Panel. For Managed accounts, log in to the MyRackspace Portal.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click Billing.
The Rackspace Billing portal displays.
In the top navigation bar, click Billing Settings.
A list of all accounts currently included in your invoice display in the Invoiced Accounts section.
Click Add Account to Invoice.
On the Add Account screen, enter the account number that you want to add to the invoice.
Enter the username and password for that account.
Select the check box to agree to the terms of service, and then click Add Account.
A pop-up dialog box displays the account information that you want to add to the invoice. Click Add Account to confirm.
After the accounts are consolidated, the Invoiced Accounts section of the Billing Settings page displays the new account.
If your combined invoice includes only Rackspace Cloud accounts, you will receive your next invoice on your normal billing date for your master account.
If your combined invoice includes a Rackspace Managed account, your next invoice will be billed on the first day of the month.
The following example describes how your billing is affected when you combine Cloud and Managed account invoices:
- The Managed account is the master account with a billing date of February 1, and the Cloud account’s billing date is February 15.
- Combined invoicing is set up on February 20.
- On March 1, an invoice is generated for only the master account.
- On March 15, no invoice is generated for the Cloud account.
- On April 1, the combined invoice is generated with all Managed and Cloud charges, including the owed Cloud account amount from February 15 to March 31.
- From this point on, the combined invoice is billed on the first of the month.
Note: If your Cloud account has discounts applied to it, they are prorated for the period during which no bill was generated.
Separate a combined invoice
To separate a combined invoice, you must contact the account manager to update your billing preferences.
©2019 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License