Change an account's company name
If your company has filed for a name change with the Secretary of State where the company is registered and there was a change in tax ID, complete the a Service Transfer form.
You can download the Service Transfer form directly from the Cloud Control Panel by using the following steps.
Note: If you are a Dedicated Hosting customer, you can request all of the forms described in this article from your account manager.
Note: Before completing the service transfer form, read the “Best practices for legal change forms” section of Change account information.
- Log in to the Cloud Control Panel.
- In the upper-right corner of the control panel, click Account > Docs and Forms.
- Select the Rackspace Account Change Forms section.
In the Transfer Ownership to a new Account owner section, select one of the following options:
- If you are a Fanatical Support for AWS customer, download the Fanatical Support for AWS Service Transfer Form.
- All other customers, download the Service Transfer Form.
- Fill out the downloaded form and save the edited file on your local machine.
- In the Cloud Control Panel, select Tickets > Create Ticket.
- In the category section, set Type to Account and Account Update.
- Fill out the details for your ticket and attach your saved account change form to your ticket.
Attach the form to a support ticket with Company Name Change Request in the subject line.
Name change without a new tax ID or ownership
If the company name has changed but there was no change in tax ID or ownership, you must complete one of the following forms to provide evidence of the name change. These forms are available from the Secretary of State.
- Certificate of Name Change
- Certificate of Amendment
To learn more about changing your cloud accounts information, see Change Account Information.
©2019 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License