Add authorized users in the RackConnect Management Interface
Access the RackConnect Management Interface from the MyRackspace portal. To view your RackConnect users, click Account > User List.
On the RackConnect User List page, you can view active or invited users and create or deactivate users. Note: You wil also see Inactive users and Invited Users listed. - Inactive user has not been invited. - Invited user has been sent activation information and is in a pending type of status.
Create a new user
Complete the following steps to create and authorize new user.
- Click Create New User.
- In the Users/New screen, enter information for the new user in the First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number fields and click Create New User when finished. Note: This generates an email to the new user to register.
- After the new user is registered, open the Account > Permissions page to assign authorization for the user. Note: If you already have a user whose authorization profile would be suitable for the user currently being assigned authorities, you can use the Clone option from the *User List** page.
- On the Permissions / Assign By User page, click on the name of the user to assign authorization. Note: Review the Permission Guide, linked on the Permissions / Assign By User for information on assignment and permission management options.
- Under the Account Permissions tab, select the checkboxes for the
authorizations to assign.
Note: Assigning Account Administrator authorization grants the same permissions as you have. If you don’t want to assign that much authority, but are setting up a technical contact, be sure to assign at least the following:
- Manage My Contact info
- Manage SSL Certs
- View Reports
- View and Edit Account Tickets
- View and Edit Domains
- Under the Cloud Accounts tab, assign Edit or Admin authority.
- Under the Devices or Firewall tab, assign Edit or Admin authority.
- Click Save Changes when you are finished.
Continue the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
©2017 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License